Wednesday 15 July 2009

Visions Beyond The Veil

H.A. Baker

I've been reading this book Visions Beyond The Veil and it's absolutely incredible. It's all about God's revelation of Heaven and Hell to a group of children, mostly street beggars and orphans, living in the Yunan Province, China.

The visions are unbelievably detailed. They were given to little children who had little or no knowledge of the bible, but yet every detail is consistent with it. Even more amazing is that their experience's are parallel with other books I've read which detail first-hand accounts of Heaven and Hell. These were accounts of people who were brought back to life minutes or hours after their death. (See The Final Frontier, Beyond The Final Frontier (both by Dr Richard Kent); and 90 Minutes In Heaven, by Don Piper).

Reading this I find myself a little jealous of their amazing experiences. But forget me. It almost seems that God specifically chooses to reveal himself to those who are most hungry, or most in need. And I'm blessed just by reading it. And it's blatantly an act of faith. Could it be that you're more blessed by believing, having not received any amazing visions?:

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
John 20:29

No comments:

Post a Comment