Monday 28 September 2009

The truth they were hiding

These quotes speak for themselves really, about how powerful the way a Christian lives his life is. These are quite negative quotes which remind us how damaging it is to claim the name of Christ, yet continue to live a carnal, seemingly godless existence.

You can know all the right arguments to 'be a good witness' but everything that you get up to just hangs off your spirit. People see through the haze...

"I would have liked to convince my father that I had found what he had been looking for, the ineffable something he had longed for all his life. I would have liked to persuade him that the search for God does not have to be in vain. But it was hopeless. He had know too many blind Christians, bleak moralists who sucked the joy from life and persecuted their opponents; he would never have been able to see the truth they were hiding"
Katharine Trait, 'My Father, Bertrand Russell'

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
Mahatma Gandhi

“The single greatest cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, and then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.”
Brennan Manning

No comments:

Post a Comment