Sunday 27 March 2011

The Everyday Things (Part 2)

Health and Fitness - I've realised that it's crazy to think that God's not interested in you being slim, fit and healthy. The only reason Jesus was able to carry his cross an endure the beatings was because he was in shape. The only reason he was able to walk all those miles and execute his ministry well was because he was a healthy man and a good steward of his body.

I've realise that I've been holding on to my gym routine with a closed fist, not showing it to God. I felt a while back that God whispered 'three times a week' in my ear, regarding how many times I should crank out my routine. I ignored that for a while and kept going everyday.

However, I've now tried the three-times-a-week approach and realised how utterly vital it has been to have that extra time for reading, meditation and prayer. It's so refreshing. And it's perfectly doable from a weight-control point of view. It helps you feel more well-rested and peaceful. Listening to God is always best. Sometimes it just takes a while for the penny to drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment