Monday 19 July 2010

The Hiddenness of God (Part 2)

It seems many Christians struggle with doubts, even doubting God's existence at times. Many will confess to thoughts such as "Am I making this up? Am I crazy?". We all want God to be really visibly obvious so that there's no room for doubt whatsoever.

It occurred to me today that, even when you can't see someone, if you can hear their voice you would never doubt their existence. A voice on the phone – you know there's a real person on the other end.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."
John 10:27

Surely the same is true with God. When you regularly hear His voice you don't find yourself doubting His existence. When we apply ourselves to reading His Word, it speaks to us. It penetrates our soul and spirit the way no human words can.

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you."
James 4:8

There doesn't need to be a haze, a fog, or a great distance between us and God. You simply are as close to God as you want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment